Conferences & Events
Addiction and the Liver 2013
Our 6th national Addiction and the Liver conference will focus on the harmful effects that obesity, alcohol and drug misuse have on the liver, and it will provide advice about assessment and treatment options that can be put into clinical practice.
Benefits of attending Addiction and the Liver 2013:
- Review the current status and future picture of substance-related liver disease in the UK
- Gain insights into the effect on the liver of prescription and over the counter medications
- Update your knowledge on treatments for hepatitis in drug users
- Assess current treatment options for alcohol-related liver disease and alcohol dependence
- Take part in interactive case studies on management of substance related liver disease and assessing for transplant
- Share and exchange ideas with the leading practitioners in the field
Click on the 'Download programme' link for more details
Who Should Attend?
Addiction and the Liver 2013 will be of particular interest to the following:
- General practitioners
- Public health specialists
- PCT Leads on hepatitis and substance misuse
- Clinical nurse specialist in hepatology, gastroenterology or substance misuse
- Drug and alcohol action team coordinators and commissioners
- Drug and alcohol agency managers and staff
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation specialists
- All trainees in these disciplines
Feedback from Addiction and The Liver 2012:
- Excellent – cutting edge and evidence-based
- An enjoyable conference – appreciated the academic rigour of day one and the practical approach of day two. Well done!
- Very enjoyable conference
- Great 2 days – good cross section of topics covered. Well selected and very informative
For more information about the conference, please click on the ‘Download programme’ button or call Jackie on +44(0)20 7501 6762.